So recently I’ve been hard on the iPhone, with lots of complaints. Truthfully, there are a lot of things that it’s doing right and I really like, such as:
- Speed. OMG it’s so fast and smooth!
- Camera. Slo-Mo, 4K, HDR, 60fps, and amazing speed and quality.
- The app experience is much nicer. Overall apps are higher quality and less buggy. The sad part is this includes Google’s apps. Gmail on the iPhone is very nice, with some cool features, for example.
- Accessories. With a single hardware design, accessories are normalized and very cheap and easy to find.
- Apple Pay. Finally, I can use an NFC payment system again, after Google deprecated Wallet with NFC.
- Night Mode. The Google giveth, and the Google taketh away. I used to have Night Mode on my Nexus 6, but Google decided to remove it during an “update.”
I’m not saying that I’m in love yet. There are still some big issues. Somehow I turned off the sound for my text messages–still trying to figure out how to fix it :/